You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-24 17:03:09

Siege

Help me install Cairo Dock

Hi, Can someone guide me thorugh the installation of Cairo Dock.
I have tried installing it from AUR but get an error like this:

"[luke@lenovo cairo-dock]$ makepkg
==> Making package: cairo-dock 2.1.3-5 x86_64 (Wed Feb 24 18:02:24 UTC 2010)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
  -> Found cairo-dock-2.1.3-5.tar.gz in build dir
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    cairo-dock-2.1.3-5.tar.gz ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
[luke@lenovo cairo-dock]$ "

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-02-24 17:08:38

FrozenFox
Website

Re: Help me install Cairo Dock

In the PKGBUILD file, there is a line for md5sums [note: it can be sha1 or sha256 sums too, but it usually isn't and your output says md5sums]. Either that sum is incorrect, or cairo-dock-2.1.3-5.tar.gz that you/makepkg downloaded is corrupted. Delete, re-download, and check/open the file in an archive program. If it looks fine and the results are the same, which they probably will be, you can check the sum by running "md5sum ./cairo-dock-2.1.3-5.tar.gz" and fixing the pkgbuild.

You could also just comment out the line (and all related lines if there's more than 1 file included in the md5sums list) entirely by prefixing it with # if you're sure the file is okay, and add --skipinteg (or was it --skip-integ?) to the end of the makepkg command to skip the integrity check.

You should tell the package maintainer in AUR on the respective cairo dock page that it doesn't work if your file is not corrupt and indeed the md5sum was wrong.

Last edited by FrozenFox (2010-02-24 17:38:25)

#3 2010-02-24 23:18:58

Siege

Thanks for the reply, it did the trick. But now there is another problem. Next after I have PKGBUILD, I go into the Cairo Dock folder and "make install" and everything goes as it should. But when I try to launch Cairo Dock from Application it gives me this error:
"Could not launch 'Cairo-dock'
   Failed to execute child process "cairo-dock" (No such file or directory)"

Any ideas?

#4 2010-02-25 08:59:26

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Siege wrote:

Thanks for the reply, it did the trick. But now there is another problem. Next after I have PKGBUILD, I go into the Cairo Dock folder and "make install" and everything goes as it should. But when I try to launch Cairo Dock from Application it gives me this error:
"Could not launch 'Cairo-dock'
   Failed to execute child process "cairo-dock" (No such file or directory)"

Any ideas?

make install is different from makepkg.... you should makepkg and then do `pacman -U *generated package*`

Read http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_User_Guidelines

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer