You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-24 14:24:30

davvil
Member
Registered: 2008-05-06
Posts: 165

[SOLVED] chromium + extensions

I have chromium from [extra] installed and normally works without problems. But today when I entered the google chrome extensions page I was "greeted" with following message:

Extensions are not yet supported in this version of Google Chrome. Please download the Beta Channel of Google Chrome to install extensions.

and I am not allowed to install new extensions. This certainly worked before, as I have 8 extensions already installed. Did something change in the extensions page or is it on the chromium side? Does anybody else have this problem?

Last edited by davvil (2010-02-25 13:56:11)

Offline

#2 2010-02-24 14:29:15

n0dix
Member
Registered: 2009-09-22
Posts: 956

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

I have the similar issue. If i installed chromium for the first time i get the same message too.

Offline

#3 2010-02-24 18:19:00

b33
Member
Registered: 2009-05-17
Posts: 12

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

maybe it isn't starting with  --enable-greasemonkey anymore?

Offline

#4 2010-02-24 18:41:02

davvil
Member
Registered: 2008-05-06
Posts: 165

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

b33 wrote:

maybe it isn't starting with  --enable-greasemonkey anymore?

I just started it with chromium --enable-greasemonkey and it doen't show any difference.

Offline

#5 2010-02-24 18:52:50

mukenio
Member
Registered: 2010-02-24
Posts: 1

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

I tried with Iron Web Browser and It's the same :S

Offline

#6 2010-02-24 18:53:16

n0dix
Member
Registered: 2009-09-22
Posts: 956

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

by the other hand, you can try with google-chrome beta, http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27031

Offline

#7 2010-02-24 19:09:08

lolilolicon
Member
Registered: 2009-03-05
Posts: 1,722

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

WTH? Can't one download those chrome extensions through a url? The firefox addons are even available publicly from the official FTP.

So, chrome sucks.


This silver ladybug at line 28...

Offline

#8 2010-02-25 11:33:16

davvil
Member
Registered: 2008-05-06
Posts: 165

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

n0dix wrote:

by the other hand, you can try with google-chrome beta, http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27031

Well, if I would *really* need a new extension probably I would change. But if I have the choice I prefer to stay with chromium.

Offline

#9 2010-02-25 12:30:34

SomeGuyDude
Member
Registered: 2008-10-09
Posts: 271

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

Well this morning's update takes care of that, so all's well! We're on the right version for everything.


And in the midst of such perfection,
I can't help but feel diseased.

Offline

#10 2010-02-25 13:55:51

davvil
Member
Registered: 2008-05-06
Posts: 165

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

SomeGuyDude wrote:

Well this morning's update takes care of that, so all's well! We're on the right version for everything.

Indeed! Marking as solved.

Last edited by davvil (2010-02-25 15:29:08)

Offline

#11 2010-02-25 13:56:30

Skripka
Member
From: 2X1280X1024
Registered: 2009-02-19
Posts: 555

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

Extensions work great with the Chrome-dev PKGBUILD

Offline

#12 2010-02-25 17:28:27

Ghost1227
Forum Fellow
From: Omaha, NE, USA
Registered: 2008-04-21
Posts: 1,422
Website

Re: [SOLVED] chromium + extensions

Glad to hear the update fixed things


.:[My Blog] || [My GitHub]:.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB