You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-23 17:19:42

ozar

Koffice2 Users: Fonts Question

For some reason, the fonts in the typing field of Koffice 2 (Kword) are very bold compared to the fonts in other apps, and there isn't any way to make them look normal that I've been able to find.

I don't think it could be a bug that's not been reported because it is immediately noticeable when Kword starts.  The same issue might exist with the other Koffice2 apps, but I don't use them so haven't noticed.

Is this the way the fonts are supposed to look from now on, or is anyone else noticing the same issue?

Thanks for any info.

oz

#2 2009-08-24 08:14:53

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: Koffice2 Users: Fonts Question

umm yes, it seems to be a bit bolder compared to other fonts. It's still that case in 2.0.2 which I still need to upload.

#3 2009-08-24 20:56:59

ozar

Thanks for the confirmation.

I do hope the fonts start looking normal again in some upcoming release.  I used to love the old Koffice, but I'm not enjoying Koffice2 in so many different ways.  In fact, it's been making me want to use Google Docs, instead.  OpenOffice is too bloated and it doesn't look good in KDE4 so that's out, and AbiWord is far to Gnome oriented, so it's out as well.

Thanks again for the confirmation that the problem does exist.

oz

#4 2009-09-06 23:06:55

ozar

Just to update... I found this bug report regarding this fonts issue and it appears that the Koffice2 devs are happy with the fonts like they are, so they won't be fixing them:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=186513

fuzzy ugly fonts = show stopper for me

oz

#5 2010-02-26 15:49:15

xCrucialDudex

ozar wrote:

Just to update... I found this bug report regarding this fonts issue and it appears that the Koffice2 devs are happy with the fonts like they are, so they won't be fixing them:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=186513

fuzzy ugly fonts = show stopper for me

Bad news. Not only the fonts are bold they often look uneven, especially when you make a PDF exported document. That's just two killer things that if KOffice devs had taken care of would make KWord a very, very good word processing software for KDE and Linux in general.

I was hoping that these two issues would be addressed in KOffice2, as the whole legion of KDE apps is getting a serious overhaul right now, but these news you posted are appalling sad

#6 2010-03-01 04:47:32

ozar

xCrucialDudex wrote:

Bad news. Not only the fonts are bold they often look uneven, especially when you make a PDF exported document. That's just two killer things that if KOffice devs had taken care of would make KWord a very, very good word processing software for KDE and Linux in general.

I was hoping that these two issues would be addressed in KOffice2, as the whole legion of KDE apps is getting a serious overhaul right now, but these news you posted are appalling sad

Right... I keep hoping they will change their minds and fix the fonts but it's not looking good. hmm

oz

Board footer