You are not logged in.

#26 2010-03-03 09:27:09

cyker

Re: How to completely remove self-compiled programs?

Thanks for your advice~

ngoonee wrote:

Just to be clear, pacman does NOT use make uninstall. Uninstallation is a simple matter of deleting the files listed as belonging to a package.

Yes, I am just fond of this type of installation -- keep track of each file installed or modified. This makes uninstall very easy. And what troubles me is just how to manage this kind of affair on software compiled from source.:)

#27 2010-03-03 12:28:57

lolilolicon

cyker wrote:

So why hiding the text using the color?

Because it's only meant for some God like you to see? God see all, after all. TBH, "efefef" was the voice you made, when...

I'm sure you can use your brain and ask another thousand questions in this thread, and I doubt anyone would be able to give anything you haven't already considered/known. Wait... Does God actually use that kind of thing?

This silver ladybug at line 28...

#28 2010-03-03 16:54:53

cyker

hullap wrote:

for the future, you could use Wocka which is like checkinstall for arch

Many thanks:) But the one on the AUR seems to be out of date and failed when building. However, the relative installwatch seems to be a good solution. If only there could be an up-to-date wrapper tool on the AUR.

#29 2010-03-03 17:32:17

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Cyker, I'm quite sure you opened your topic with the best of intentions, but there have been repeated hints at a) the redundancy of your questions and b) the fact that what you asked is covered in the documentation we have and c) existing solutions which you might have found with some more effort from your side.

All those facts do not condone the behaviour of certain people in this topic, but I hope you do realise part of the problem in this case is on your side as well wink.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

Board footer