You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-08 07:01:43

twpvw5

Logitech Mouse config and permissions

Hi all, I know there are several mouse discussions going right now but mine's different from the rest in that KDE is recognizing my mouse correctly but I can't seem to get the permissions set correctly so that I can use all of it's features.  In KDE's manual there is a "fix" for this but I can't seem to get it to work quite right.

Thanks

-The more engineering courses I take, the more I lose my heart for engineering. I just want to F*@%ing build stuff!

#2 2005-03-08 12:37:13

arooaroo
Website

Re: Logitech Mouse config and permissions

What in particular is not working "quite right"? Mouse wheel? Side-button?

#3 2005-03-08 15:03:52

twpvw5

The wheel doesn't work and none of the extra buttons work(side and appselect) sorry for being vague

-The more engineering courses I take, the more I lose my heart for engineering. I just want to F*@%ing build stuff!

#4 2005-03-08 16:29:10

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

twpvw5 wrote:

The wheel doesn't work and none of the extra buttons work(side and appselect) sorry for being vague

this doesn't have to do with permissions, it has to do with your xorg.conf file - in the mouse section you need to set the number of buttons (mine's 5) and then set the zaxis (I can't recall the exact setting name) to "4 5" to use buttons 4 and 5 to change the z axis

do a quick forums search for "mouse wheel" or something like that

#5 2005-03-08 16:35:26

arooaroo
Website

twpvw5 wrote:

Mine too! It's not really bothered me that much though, so I haven't bothered fixing it. It must be an xorg.conf issue. If I ever investigate, I'll be sure to report back smile

#6 2005-03-08 16:43:00

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

#7 2005-03-09 05:45:51

twpvw5

Well everyone after spending a whole evening devoted to getting my stupid mouse to work the way I want it to, I've gotten as close as I think I'm going to I had to use several different wepages to get close and then do a little hacking of my own.  lol

The biggest help came from:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora- … 01904.html
http://www.glaurung.demon.co.uk/info/li … howto.html

the first one has a mis-mapping of two of the buttons though it says the mapping should be

xmodmap -w 'pointer = 1 6 3 2 7 8 4 5'

but I found that had an un recognized switch "w" and also made my click wheel do strange things when I tried using it as the middle button so I used:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 8 4 5"

the only things I don't like about it is that the app select button doesn't work (in windoze it is brings up a menu similar to pressing Alt+Tab) and I can't quick scroll with the middle button, oh well the browser buttons work and that's what I really wanted anyway!  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Board footer