You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-13 23:13:55

playdafunkimuzic

Laptop won't turn on anymore

Have a compaq presario V6000 -> v6110us

It has always ran very, very hot. About a year or so ago the wireless card died. Now the computer won't run the BIOS or give any display. If you leave it off for a while, pull out the plug and battery and wait about 20 minutes and then turn it on everything works. However, upon immediate reboot it won't turn back on.

The computer lights light up (volume controls, etc, light on the power button), but no noises of hdd spinning or fans, and then all of a sudden the lights will flash off and right back on but still no display.

It makes no difference if the battery is in or out. Also, I know someone with the same computer so I tried their AC adapter with no luck. Switched the harddrive and memory and this was still a problem. Finally, I tried to boot the computer with no ram in it and still nothing happened, no beeps/bios/display.

I came across this on an internet search: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu … c=en&cc=us

Our model/part number fits the bill. Is something fried? Or are there other recommendations I can try?

#2 2010-03-13 23:31:35

CountDuckula

Re: Laptop won't turn on anymore

As you indicated, it sounds like some sort of overheating problem going on there. Maybe time to send it to laptop heaven...

Board footer