You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-15 05:19:36

lagagnon
Website

Proper fan control lost after hibernate/suspend: Toshiba Satellite

Toshiba Satellite L300 - OG1 using the Inside H2O Bios. Fan works as it should normally, as do hibernate and suspend (using pm-tools). However, after coming out of either hibernate or suspend proper fan speeds are gone. Fan does turn on but only when CPU temps get to > 70, fan goes on full speed and stays on full even when CPU cools down to 30C. It should normally go on medium speed at about 50C, high speed at about 70C and then very low speed once below 40C.

I have tried to restart both the acpi and hal daemons but that had no effect on the problem.  Any ideas greatly appreciated....

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2010-03-14 22:37:58

ArchSoarer

Re: Proper fan control lost after hibernate/suspend: Toshiba Satellite

Some people have found useful to use the acpi_osi="Linux" on kernel image line in grub... you should try doing so.

#3 2010-03-15 21:55:22

lagagnon
Website

Re: Proper fan control lost after hibernate/suspend: Toshiba Satellite

ArchSoarer: thanks. This thread is almost a zombie, but I have tried your "acpi_osi=Linux" boot command. It does make the fan operate correctly EXCEPT where one suspends or hibernates, in which case I still get fan problems. I have outlined the situation here on our wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Tos … llite_L300 and have a link there to an attempt to fix the issue by disassembling the DSDT. I have yet to go any further and attempt to fix the DSDT errors in this laptop. For the moment, because Arch boot quite quickly I simply do not use hibernate or suspend on that laptop.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer