You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-16 18:06:44

Ganryuu

Metacity doesn't like emacs ? (freezes)

Hi !

I'm new to Arch Linux, and I think I've finally found the linux I was searching. But I still have a little problem (by the way, I hope that I'm posting under the right section for my problem).

Here it is :
I really often use emacs (please, no troll) for almost everything in my studies. And at the beginning, on my Arch, I didn't have any problem using it. But recently, it started to have a really strange behaviour: every time I use a shortcut like ALT+TAB, or CTRL+ALT+arrow, my entire desktop freezes. And it isn't just for 1-2sec: the only way I found to "bypass" this problem was to switch to a tty, and then come back to my X session. Sometimes I even have to use CTRL+ALT+Backspace to restart X...

I tried some things, but I really don't know where to look. Through htop I found that emacs doesn't use my CPU (at least, no more than in a normal use), and I tried without any other application running.

But one thing that I did try worked: when I'm using Compiz instead of Metacity as Window Manager, these shotcuts work without a glitch. The thing is I do not really like Compiz (I don't see the use for it).

Thanks in advance wink

Last edited by Ganryuu (2010-03-16 18:07:27)

Board footer