You are not logged in.
Hello!
I have 32 bit Archlinux installed without X. The System Time (date command) is constantly growing. After hwclock -s it is the same as the hardware clock, but after an hour the System Time is ahed of hwclock by few minutes, and it is growing. I tried changing in rc.conf localtime to UTC, installed OpenNTPD, Syu, none of them solved the problem. Does anyone have an idea about the solution? Thanks in advance!
M1klos
Last edited by m1klos (2010-03-18 17:04:00)
Offline
Try to add 'nohz=off' to your kernel boot parametrs list. It will disable dynamic ticks for you and can solve this problem.
Remove /var/lib/hwclock/adjtime, readjust the hardware clock and reboot. This helps in most such cases.
To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.
Offline
openNTPD doesn't correct for hardware drift
if you want correction for it, you can install ntp and disable the adjtime cronjob
Offline
e2fsprogs
This fixed all my clock issues at once and for good!
Last edited by BarefootSoul83 (2010-03-18 15:53:56)
Offline
Thank you for the answers! I will try all of them!
Last edited by m1klos (2010-03-18 16:16:46)
Offline
Thank you for the help, I installed ntp and disabled the adjtime cronjob, it solved the problem!
Offline