You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-19 22:53:06

marker5a

[SOLVED] Startup script for WPA Wifi

Hey all
I have been using Ubuntu for about a year and a half now and after being ridiculed for using such a dumbed down distro, I decided to try Arch and have been extremely happy so far!  I have been trying to get my wifi adapter to associate to my AP and run dhcpcd on startup so that i have a conenction when I log in... I found the script that does exactly that here:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=59004

My only issue that I am having is once I place the three scripts shown in this post into the /etc/rc.d/ directory, what do I need to do so that the wpa_auto script is executed on startup?  As it is right now, just placing the scripts in the /etc/rc.d/ directory is not sufficient for properly connecting to my AP on startup.

Thanks in advance for any hints on this!
marker5a

Last edited by marker5a (2010-03-19 23:23:11)

#2 2010-03-19 23:01:55

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Startup script for WPA Wifi

There's an implicit assumption in that thread that users are already familiar with Arch's init system. In your case, you should review the sections of the wiki related to /etc/rc.conf - you're looking for the DAEMONS array.

There is an official alternative for network management, btw, called netcfg - this is also covered in the wiki.

#3 2010-03-19 23:22:21

marker5a

Re: [SOLVED] Startup script for WPA Wifi

thx for the info on the wiki... after adding it to the daemon array, i noticed that two of the files were in the wrong directories..  Thanks for the quick response!

Board footer