You are not logged in.
Hey there!
Yeah, I'm searching for a good download manager that will accommodate the following:
1. I have a number of RS links in my browser window and want to get them effortlessly into the download manager, therefore most cli scripts with aria2 or similar are out, because creating a text file for every single linklists is too tedious.
2. I want to be able to give the download manager a specific folder to download the stuff to - every time I give it new links.
Until now I was extremely happy with the old and ugly aria1, I had profiles, each pointing to different download folders on my hdd and if I downloaded stuff that didn't warrant its own profile I still had a dialogue that asked me where to put the download. In addition, it just accepted it when I copy and pasted links to it, very convenient. However, after switching to arch64 aria1 isn't available anymore, I had compiled it years ago, it's just dead now.
Well, I didn't think it would be too hard to find something similar, but yes, it is. Of course I tried jdownloader, but that's still not enough, since I will just download everything to one global folder. And yes, I can switch the directory of downloads in the properties window, but only for a "pack" of links. This results in endless work when I am downloading several episodes of a tv show at once, where every episode is one pack. Ah, and it's java, a further annoyance.
![]()
I hope you guys have a way/program for me to accomplish what I have in mind. ![]()
PS.: Downthemall is out as well, since I don't use Firefox.
Offline
Is it really possible that such a program just doesn't exist? ![]()
Offline
Offline
plowshare is awesome for one click hosters like rs, mu and the likes
This silver ladybug at line 28...
Offline
There's also JDownloader. That's the one I use.. Needs Java though. It's in the AUR.
Sorry.. Didn't read your entire post and jumped the gun there..
Last edited by michaelr (2010-03-27 08:04:34)
--
Alchemised Rigour.
Offline
Do you have a premium rapidshare account? Or do you require a program that can accommodate the wait times?
I don't know the cli script you used with aria1. But it is probably similar to modrapi, rapidshare-dl and rapidsucker that use wget. I believe rapidsucker or rapidshare-dl might be the most similar in that you can copy and paste the links directly to them and I expect you can easily make different profiles pointing to different folders like you had with aria1.
http://mundogeek.net/rapidshare-dl/
Offline
@Nixie
Premium - as it says in the title.
![]()
And I didn't need/use a cli script with aria1 because in contrast to aria2, it was a gui program. But rapidsucker sounds promising, I remember trying rapidshare-dl which had something that annoyed me. Thanks for the suggestions.
Offline