You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-29 05:24:15

mos98

Few things I don't understand about uzbl-tabbed

A) When I middle mouse cklick on a link a new tab is opened but it's empty. Shouldn't it open with the selected site instead of a blank page?

B) I've configured yt as a hardcoded bookmark for www.youtube.com. But when I type in 'yt' nothing really happens except that the status bar disappears?

C) Why does youtube look so different in uzbl? Can I change it back to normal?

D) Is there a way for uzbl to reload its config during runtime? I don't want to restart uzbl everytime I change a bookmark or so. I read about fifo commands but couldn't fine a command which tells uzbl to reconfigure itself.

E) I don't understand how the formfiller works. When I hit za  a vim window is raised. But what should I do with it? First thing I tried was copying the contents of /usr/share/uzbl/examples/data/dforms/bbs.archlinux.org which is

!profile=Arch BBS Login
req_username(text): yournamehere
req_password(password): yourpasshere

to vim like so

!profile=yahoo.de Login
req_username(text): myEmailAddress
req_password(password): myPassword

but then I see the following error

uzbl-core:6993): Gtk-WARNING **: Ran out of links
Exception occured while executing script:
At (command):1: TypeError: Result of expression 'document.getElementsByName("req_username")[0]' [undefined] is not an object.
Exception occured while executing script:
At (command):1: TypeError: Result of expression 'document.getElementsByName("req_password")[0]' [undefined] is not an object.

D) While in command mode I can move around a page using the hjkl keys but I can't use my normal scroll keys like in vim. How can I change this? For instance I tried

@bind  <Up>         = scroll horizontal 20

which sadly didnt work.

E) In vim I can scroll up and down the command line buffer to recall commands  so I don't have to repeat myself. Can I do this in uzbl too?

I thinks that's enough for now smile  Thanks for answering any of those questions!

Last edited by mos98 (2010-03-29 05:24:39)

#2 2010-04-01 16:21:07

kaptenen
Website

Re: Few things I don't understand about uzbl-tabbed

D) !reload
E) type zl if you have your password and username in the formfile.

Board footer