You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-11 05:51:02

timm

Highpoint RocketRaid 133

I have 2 Highpoint RocketRaid 133 cards that I want to  try under Arch.  I had these running in a previous life under RH9.  I looked on their site and they have a generic linux driver, which I downloaded and tried to compile.  The make gives me an error that it can't find scsi.h and then gives a list of errors and ends.  scsi.h is in my linux directory, and I changed the makefile to point to the real name of the linux directory, as indicated in the Makefile.

Why won't it find scsi.h, and how can I figure out where it's looking if it's looking in the wrong place?  Most of what's in the makefile is beyond me.

OR,  don't I need to do any of this because the cards will run under Arch just fine as it is set up?

#2 2005-03-12 05:28:30

MNKyDeth

Re: Highpoint RocketRaid 133

Well, I am going to point you to this thread for some good reading.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=10687

Now, since that thread has the basics you will need. You need to get the number off the chip on your highpoint controller card. Then enable one of these in your ide section of your kernel.
< >         HPT34X chipset support
< >         HPT36X/37X chipset support

Wichever one you need put a * in it and not a M if you want to boot from it.

#3 2005-03-14 15:19:54

timm

Re: Highpoint RocketRaid 133

Thanks.  Everything (on the card) now works fine.  I am having a "chicken and egg" problem with the drives I have connected, but am putting that in another thread.

Board footer