You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-03 11:04:39

bamdad

[SOLVED] avahi sftp mount problem

greetings,

i hope i'm posting this in the right subforum (the other abvious choice would have been networking), but since this is likely to be a configuration issue, i'll post here. sorry, i'm kind of a newbie here.

sso.. i'm using a thinkpad t42, i've installed arch linux for the second time (please be patient with me, lol), and i've set up everything correctly: i have the latest gnome (2.30), and kernel. uname -a:

Linux YURI 2.6.32-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 15 20:08:25 UTC 2010 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

yesterday, i've messed around a bit with my rc.conf, and now everytime i try to mount a mac share via avahi/sftp, i only see nautilus's 'opening *insert-share-name-here*', and a certain process (gvfsd-sftp) eats all my processor resources. the share never actually gets mounted. i'm guessing some kernel module is not loaded, or there's a problem with the order of my daemons.

i've searched around in on the wiki, on the forums and in google, but to no avail. everything is supposed to be in order. if someone can help, please do.

modules array from rc.conf:

MODULES=(acpi-cpufreq cpufreq_ondemand cpufreq_conservative cpufreq_userspace cpufreq_powersave fuse !slhc !thinkpad-acpi e1000 ipw2100)

daemons array:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng dbus hal crond alsa !network rpcbind nfs-common nfs-server netfs ntpd avahi-daemon networkmanager gdm)

thank you,
bamdad

Last edited by bamdad (2010-04-03 12:01:35)

#2 2010-04-03 12:01:19

bamdad

Re: [SOLVED] avahi sftp mount problem

update:

it seems, rc.conf has nothing to do with the problem. i'll leave it here for reference, but i tried logging in to gnome as root, and voilá, i could connect without a problem. so there had to be something messed up with my gnome settings. i had a crash yesterday, during which i was logged in to the other computer.

so i popped open Accessories>Passwords and Encryption keys from the gnome menu and deleted the ssh@some.local.ip.address and ssh@some.other.ip.address (interestingly, there wasn't an sftp@any.local.ip.address, and the problem was resolved.

my guess is that the crash somehow messed up my stored login information, and thus gvfsd-sftp went crazy trying to authenticate. if you happen to have the same problem, try the solution above.

Last edited by bamdad (2010-04-03 12:07:18)

Board footer