You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-03 14:40:52

capnfabs
Website

empathy-accounts fails to load GUI

Hi all,

I've just performed an installation of arch with lxde and gnome for desktop environments. I do have previous experience with arch (running lxde and awesome at different stages), but it was roughly a year ago, so I'm a bit rusty.

Anyway, I've just installed empathy as part of gnome 2.30, and whilst the gui on empathy itself works fine, the gui on empathy-accounts will not load - whether I open it from the System-->Preferences-->IM and VOIP Accounts option, whether I choose the relevant option from empathy or whether I start it from the command line. Furthermore, the command-line produces no useful debug info when started manually in this fashion.

If it helps, gnome is running through consolekit (I'm assuming that's what the exec ck-launch-session gnome-session in my ~./xinitrc means).

It doesn't seem like an issue with the keyring either, I can store passwords for other software.

Any ideas (aside from rolling back to Empathy 2.28 or using Pidgin)? Help would be greatly appreciated smile

Cheers

Fabian.

#2 2010-04-03 15:14:00

capnfabs
Website

Re: empathy-accounts fails to load GUI

woops, turns out the problem was that i had no telepathy backends installed.

Problem was fixed by:

pacman -Ss telepathy

and installing one of the backends from that list.

#3 2010-04-03 20:46:38

schneida
Website

Hi, nice to hear that it's working for you now, but I have the same issue and I couldn't get it working by installing telepathy-*. I installed all packages that were returned by pacman -Sqs telepathy and still don't get a gui to add my account details. Any suggestions?

#4 2010-04-03 20:47:53

wonder
Developer
Website

schneida wrote:

Hi, nice to hear that it's working for you now, but I have the same issue and I couldn't get it working by installing telepathy-*. I installed all packages that were returned by pacman -Sqs telepathy and still don't get a gui to add my account details. Any suggestions?

relogin or do killall -HUP dbus-daemon

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#5 2010-04-03 20:55:25

schneida
Website

Hey thanks, just wanted to say that a reboot solved the problem, but you were even a bit faster. Thanks!

Board footer