You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-14 22:07:11

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Dynamic ip and your own domain name (how-to)

Not sure what the usability of it is for other people, but here is how I did it..more or less.

http://wiki2.archlinux.org/index.php/Zo … namic%20IP

*shrug*
Maybe it will help someone out there.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#2 2005-03-14 22:20:33

i3839

Re: Dynamic ip and your own domain name (how-to)

Hmm, what about adding some other free DNS services, and a bit more general info, like what it is about, for the people that don't know what DNS stands for? In its current form it looks like a sort of advertisement for that site and it doesn't add any additional info beyond their FAQ.

#3 2005-03-14 22:27:59

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

*shrug* Feel free to modify it. Like I said, this is just what I did to achieve my goal.
I agree that it is a bit specific, but being that is what I used, I have no experience with other free dns hosts...

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2005-03-14 23:07:55

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

my router has this built in 8) it can talk to dyndns and no-ip ... RAWR!

Board footer