You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-27 17:07:00

lasu1

[Solved] Keyboard input lag

Hello,

I'm not sure what is causing this, but all of a sudden I seem to be getting odd keyboard lag. What happens is this: every few seconds of typing, the display will not show the last 3-4 typed characters, then a few seconds later, the characters will appear. So, there's an occasional lag.

I log in from the CLI, and start X with "startx." The problem exists before X is started; thus, I am led to believe this is not an X problem.

This problem appears to have appeared randomly this morning (before, I think, running -Syu).

Also, this problem does *not* exist when I enter the BIOS menu at boot...so....ya...

Does anyone have any ideas? I have no clue what config files I would post here.

Synopsis:
1.) Keyboard lag does not exist in BIOS menu
2.) Keyboard lag exists before X is started
3.) Keyboard lag exists after X is started.
4.) This problem started this morning.

Thanks, and like I said, I'd be happy to post any config files/output if requested, I'm just unsure what files would be helpful.

Last edited by lasu1 (2010-03-28 00:41:58)

#2 2010-03-27 23:38:58

lasu1

Re: [Solved] Keyboard input lag

Anyone have any ideas? I tried reinstalling base and base-devel through pacman...still no relief.... This is bizarre.

EDIT: It's getting worse. System now hangs on boot at "Waiting for UDev uevents to be processed." Things are rapidly going downhill.

EDIT: No booting due to Udev fixed my booting without acpi. I rebooted into another linux distro to poke around in /var/log/pacman.log for a bit to see if I could find the offending update. Nothing seemed really suspicious, except for the update to "linux-api-headers." (Anything with "headers" is suspicious. So, I decided I would boot back into Arch and try to downgrade that package. After booting back into Arch, I see that the problem has disappeared...so...I dunno what to say...I have no idea what/how this got fixed, or how I (yes, let's be honest here...it must be "I") broke it in the first place.

Last edited by lasu1 (2010-03-28 00:44:43)

#3 2010-04-06 13:25:37

efs

Re: [Solved] Keyboard input lag

I have the exact same problem; the keyboard and mouse freezes every 5 seconds for about 5 seconds.

Last edited by efs (2010-04-06 13:25:52)

Board footer