You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-11 02:44:36

Bazooka_Joe

Is there an implantisomd5 program for windows?

So far I can't find info on this from google or windows forums and would appreciate any help.  implantisomd5 is the small, standalone binary linux program used to insert an md5 checksum into an .iso image.  The "test media" section from the anaconda installer in fedora linux reads this number (if it's been implanted) from the cd burned from this iso and then scans the entire disc to make sure the data matches.  I know I can just run implantisomd5 from linux but I'm using authoring programs in windows and it would be more convenient if I didn't have to reboot to linux just to do this simple thing.  I tried running  this from cygwin linux emulator in windows but I get an error "(" expected/unexpected or something similar.  Typing "(" or ")" or any other way I tried running it wouldn't fix the prob.  Again thanks in advance for any help.

#2 2005-03-11 04:34:53

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Is there an implantisomd5 program for windows?

I would bet that it only md5's the contents of the cd. If you md5'ed the whole cd, then implanted the md5...the md5 for the cd would change. doh!
Likely it is just an md5 of all the contents.

To the topic, I have no idea if there is a windwos counterpart. I don't use windows for such things, so it is out of my knowledge domain.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-03-15 22:18:08

Bazooka_Joe

Re: Is there an implantisomd5 program for windows?

Correct it only md5's the contents of the CD, but where does it put this checksum?  The docs say it puts it on the "volume descriptor" which I assume is where the volume label and other cd info goes but I can't find it there.  If I can find out where it goes, I can just manually md5sum the CD and paste the number to that spot.  Thanks for replying.

Board footer