You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-06 02:11:33

gtfernandezm

unable to run pacman -S or -Syu without errors

I just installed Arch, the installation took me two tries but it went great overall. However, now I am at the point of updating my system and anytime I try to run pacman -Syu or even just Pacman -S I get the same errors after all the files download:

checking package integrity. . .
: : File any.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

a few of those go by and then I get:

error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
any.pkg.tar.gz is invalid or corrupt

and it lists a few and then tells me

Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded/.

and then I am back to the root prompt.

I was having some issues with mirrors, so I went through quite a few, but all the mirrors that successfully download packages give me this problem. Any help would be appreciated, I am a bit of a newbie, but I switched to Arch to learn more about linux and I am learning a lot so far, and I am much more comfortable with the command line after a day of this than I was just 24 hours ago on Ubuntu.

#2 2010-04-06 05:56:40

loafer

Re: unable to run pacman -S or -Syu without errors

Welcome to Arch!

Find a mirror that is up-to-date here:

https://users.archlinux.de/~gerbra/mirrorcheck.html

Then "pacman Syy" to force it to sync and finally "pacman -Syu" to up date.

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#3 2010-04-08 20:59:14

gtfernandezm

Re: unable to run pacman -S or -Syu without errors

I think it was just a problem with the connection I was on at the time, it might have been having a high error rate. Later that night on another connection (same mirrors, all of which were up-to-date the whole time) I was able to download updates perfectly fine. I haven't had a problem since, on any connection.

Thanks for the help. I am really loving Arch, and although it is a weird adjustment I am liking the workflow I am slowly developing in my mostly CLI environment much more than I liked any of the Netbook editions of othe distrobutions. But more than anything I am learning a lot, which was the whole purpose of switching to Arch.

Board footer