You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-14 19:29:03

AKL

Claws Mail lost all data

Hi,

my PC just froze and after the restart (no file system errors reported) Claws Mail starts with the setup assistant, telling me something like "It seems you are starting claws for the first time". I quit the assistant and restarted again, but no luck, the assistant starts again.
In my home directory there is the ".claws-mail" folder still present and has some content, but I don't know if there is something missing. Also the is a directory called "Mail" with subfolders for inbox, sent items and so on with lots of files in them. So it seems the mails are still there, but claws doesn't recognize them. How dow I convince it to do so?

Thanks,
Alex

Endut! Hoch Hech!

#2 2010-04-14 23:54:03

fflarex

Re: Claws Mail lost all data

Was the folder there before you opened up claws? It's possible it recreated the folder when you opened it up "for the first time." Back up your stuff and try setting up claws again and see if it will recognize your old mail.

Last edited by fflarex (2010-04-14 23:54:39)

#3 2010-04-15 09:01:24

AKL

Re: Claws Mail lost all data

That worked, thanks! All I had to do was deleting the mail account that was created by the assistant. All my accounts and emails are still there, only the plugins are lost. But claws still crashes at random, freezing the whole system. What is the recommended procedure? Reinstall?

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Board footer