You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-16 21:14:22

InfernalH
Website

Kylix

I want to try Kylix on my Linux, but whatever copy of Kylix I download, it is RPM (I've tried 3rd Open Edition and Full (through aMule)). When I extract rpm content into right places it isn't working.

Maybe somebody knows how to make Kylix working on my Arch 0.7 OR knows where to download non-rpm Kylix version?

thanks for any suggestion

#2 2005-03-16 21:40:29

mico

Re: Kylix

http://www.borland.com/products/downloa … kylix.html

Open is free (in terms of no price), enterprise is for evaluation only.

When I got it I had to register first before I could download it. Then I managed to install it but it had horrible fonts (almost unreadable and I didn't find a way to change the fonts) so I ditched it. I think it also had some compatibility problems with some libs. I don't know what format you get there, but it's still better to get it straight from Borland than from emule or something... you never know what you gonna get wink

However, you can still use a rpm to install something. Take a look at rpmunpack and cpio.

#3 2005-03-17 12:20:23

InfernalH
Website

mico, Open Edition I downloaded from official borland site, so it's not problem of version. Also I've used rpmunpack && cpio for trying to make it work, but it didn't too.

#4 2005-03-18 21:32:54

sami

You don't have  to use RPM-package . When you download  package from Borland site  there is an installation script :  setup.sh .    I was able to install the program but not run it . I got  the error message
/usr/local/kylix3/bin/delphi: relocation error: /usr/local/kylix3/bin/libwine.bo rland.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with lin k time reference
This  is same error as in earlier   topic http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=7056.

mico :  how did you  got the program running ?

#5 2005-03-18 21:53:30

mico

It's been a while since I tried Kylix, but I usually write such procedures to a file in case I need them later. Here's the notes I wrote for kylix:

run setup.sh
then make a link:
cd /usr/lib
ln -s libstdc++.so libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

As I recall, delphi ran ok, but c++ gave me some errors when I tried to compile some code. However, both compilers did start up normally, only looked so damn ugly (unreadable fonts) it was unbearable.

#6 2005-03-18 23:28:49

sami

thanks for help mico , but still same error .
I have installed  some unofficial patches from http://www.kylix-patch.de.vu/  and  tried many other suggestions like export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1   but without luck

Board footer