You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-25 21:16:44

demian

Multiboot based on arch usb image

Hello everyone,

i like the layout and tools that come with arch so want to use it as a foundation for a multiboot usb stick.
I have two problems though:
a) I can't mount the .img file (nor can i mount the usb stick, for that matter). I've tried various mounting options and fuseiso but without success.
b) I can't just use the usb stick as base to add other stuff to either because there's no free space on the drive. There's only lots of unallocated space behind the "partition" (it's not a partition, it's just /dev/sde actually) which the image is using. Since there's no partition table i can't resize.

I'll try it now but i think i can't just boot the usb stick and copy the files from there since the virtual filesystem will probably overlay the grub/syslinux files. I can't just use the other available isos (cd, isolinux) since they fail to boot arch for me. It might be possible to change that but i don't want to dig THAT deep just to create a multiboot stick.
If i can't get it to work I'll just use archboot by tpowa but I'd still be glad for any input on my problem here.

Thanks and regards,
demian

Last edited by demian (2010-04-25 21:19:14)

no place like /home
github

Board footer