You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-22 15:34:28

norswap

[SOLVED] Restore alsa volume after hibernating with uswsusp.

I've followed the instructions on this page : http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hibernate

But when it comes to restore the volume, the options in /etc/hibernate/common.conf don't seem to help much : RestartServices alsa don't seem to work, separate start and stop command don't work either, and even using OnSuspend /etc/rc.d/alsa stop and it's OnResume counterpart, the system will invariably come back with sound muted and bell unmuted (tough I took care of the bell by blacklisting modules, so the real probleme is volume).

So, in that order :

1) Is there a way to fix the fact that uswsusp don't seem to take common.conf arguments into account ?
2) Is there another way to save/restore the volume when suspending to disk ?

Last edited by norswap (2010-04-27 23:57:22)

#2 2010-04-26 12:08:43

ber_t
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Restore alsa volume after hibernating with uswsusp.

2) Have you tried running

alsactl {store,restore}

without restarting the alsa service?

#3 2010-04-26 13:08:46

tomk
Forum Fellow

I suspend using pm-utils with uswsusp as the back-end and I don't have to do anything in particular about sound - it just works.

I presume you noticed the two warnings at the top of that wiki page, regarding its accuracy and overall quality?

#4 2010-04-27 23:56:59

norswap

@ ber_t : Yeah ! I knew the commands but I didn't tought of trying them with OnSuspend and OnResum tough. So it works, thank you smile
@ tomk : I've read that, but the funny thing is that on my previous (and first) installation of archlinux (dating one or two month back - before I blew it up) it actually worked. Altough uswsusp must have been updated in the meantime since the config file was not how I remembered it.

Board footer