You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-01 14:21:37

yabasta

ufw not loading at bootup

Hi smile here goes with my first post on this board! I installed arch 64 yesterday, completely new to arch and still relatively new to linux - one month with fedora, followed by 4 months of debian to this. So i still consider myself very much a linux newb. But i digress...
I've installed ufw and gufw, did the 'sudo ufw enable && sudo ufw default deny' that i read about, haven't set any rules yet. The problem is ufw just doesn't seem to be running, whenever i do 'ps aux | grep ufw' it doesn't show a thing. I looked at a previous post in the forum that said to add ufw to my daemons list in rc.conf, which i have done.
'DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network netfs ufw crond alsa hal wicd)'
And when my machine is booting up i see that its done loading during bootup. This may be a very silly schoolboy error on my part. What am i doing wrong?

#2 2010-05-01 16:01:17

yabasta

Re: ufw not loading at bootup

er never mind....a bit of googling 'how to tell if ufw is active or not?' has told me the answer.
'ufw status' to anyone that might be interested. Damn i feel silly, think i'll leave the post here for posterity.
I'm sure i'll have many more silly questions.
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the developers for their work on this distro. Love its general idea, and the fact that i can install a distro without all the bloat right from the start. Seems i've learnt more about linux (had to!) in the last couple of days just from installing and configuring arch, than in my previous 5 or 6 months of linuxing smile good work folks!

Board footer