You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-02 02:19:04

Ithilin

Using ABS to build Oss4

Ok I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum to post this on, but here we go.

I've been trying to get get my Soundblaster X-FI 5.1 USB to work by following this http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ope … SB1090_USB Yet whenever I get to the makempkg --noextract I always get this error.

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ithilin/Builds/community-i686.r7011/src/build/kernel/drv/oss_audigyls'
cc -c -D_KERNEL -O3 -fno-common -ffreestanding -mregparm=3 -DUSE_REGPARM -fno-stack-protector -Wall -Werror -DOSS_LITTLE_ENDIAN  -I../../../include -I../../../kernel/framework/include -I../../../kernel/OS/Linux -I../../../kernel/nonfree/include -I../../.. oss_audigyls.c -o ./oss_audigyls.o
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
oss_audigyls.c: In function 'audigyls_mixer_ioctl':
oss_audigyls.c:1278:11: error: array subscript is above array bounds
make[3]: *** [oss_audigyls.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ithilin/Builds/community-i686.r7011/src/build/kernel/drv/oss_audigyls'
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ithilin/Builds/community-i686.r7011/src/build/kernel/drv'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ithilin/Builds/community-i686.r7011/src/build/kernel'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

Not sure what the deal is so hopefully someone who has more experience with this than me could shed some light on the issue.

Last edited by Ithilin (2010-05-02 02:55:18)

#2 2010-05-02 22:25:33

grey

Re: Using ABS to build Oss4

1. the problem isn't related to the edit you made according to the wiki. The unmodified package does not compile.
2. the compilation error would normally be a warning, but cc runs with -Werror
3. the specific compilation command works if you remove -Werror.
4. -Werror is part of OSFLAGS in the Makefiles
5. OSFLAGS for linux are defined in src/oss-v4.2-build2002-src-gpl/setup/srcconf_linux.inc

I didn't check if compilation of the whole package works if you remove -Werror, let alone if oss runs ok.

Still, this should be enough to get you started. Good luck!

Good ideas do not need lots of lies told about them in order to gain public acceptance.

Board footer