You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-19 21:40:58

Jacob

gwenview crashing konqueror

Hi everyone,

I have some issues with gwenview (since KDE 3.3.2), I have submitted a bug report to bugs.kde.org  but it turns out this has been fixed a long time ago.

The problem is when surfing in Konqueror and gwenview is used, double-click'ing on the screenshot to make it full screen will crash Konqueror. (example, goto: k3b.org click on "Screenshots" on left of page, click on any screenshot to enlarge, then double-click on it)

This has been fixed in the latest version of Gwenview 1.2.0 pre4 I am hoping that a new package will be released soon!!

Best regards,

Jacob

#2 2005-03-19 21:54:34

puntmuts

Re: gwenview crashing konqueror

This is reproducable in KDE 3.4.0 :cry:

Out / Gone
Mirgrating all my machines off ArchLinux . No longer part of the ArchLinux community / users .
Done. Goodbye.

#3 2005-03-20 15:22:24

dp
Website

gwenview-1.2.0pre4-1 going to extra

... btw: how do you open images out of knoqueror webbrowser to gwenview in 3.4.0? i miss the view-buttons in the toolbar while surfing the web (there are only zoom-in and zoom-out but no kparts buttons any more)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2005-03-20 20:01:51

Jacob

dp wrote:

... btw: how do you open images out of knoqueror webbrowser to gwenview in 3.4.0? i miss the view-buttons in the toolbar while surfing the web (there are only zoom-in and zoom-out but no kparts buttons any more)

Thanks for the update, it works great!

To answer your questions, you can open the image out of Konqueror to Gwenview, by right clicking on the image, then left click on "Open With..." -> expand "Graphics" -> double-click on "Gwenview".

The toolbar buttons can be see when you right-click on the picture (they will appear in Konqueror's toolbar automagically).  To see more of the Gwenview buttons on your toolbar, you can right-click on the toolbar -> left-click on "Configure Toolbars" -> select "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>" from the drop down menu.  Then add the buttons (that you want) from the "Available actions:" column.

Best regards,

Jacob

#5 2005-03-20 20:09:54

dp
Website

Jacob wrote:
dp wrote:

To answer your questions, you can open the image out of Konqueror to Gwenview, by right clicking on the image, then left click on "Open With..." -> expand "Graphics" -> double-click on "Gwenview".

The toolbar buttons can be see when you right-click on the picture (they will appear in Konqueror's toolbar automagically).  To see more of the Gwenview buttons on your toolbar, you can right-click on the toolbar -> left-click on "Configure Toolbars" -> select "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>" from the drop down menu.  Then add the buttons (that you want) from the "Available actions:" column.

Best regards,

Jacob

thank you for the answer.

unfortunately i don't have a "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>" in the drop-down menu :-( ... this is maybe a bug in kde or my installation, as i also experienced some other icons missing in konqueror (kget icon in konqueror, kaffeine-part in konqueror ...)

#6 2005-03-20 22:18:22

Jacob

dp wrote:
Jacob wrote:

Best regards,

Jacob

thank you for the answer.

unfortunately i don't have a "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>" in the drop-down menu :-( ... this is maybe a bug in kde or my installation, as i also experienced some other icons missing in konqueror (kget icon in konqueror, kaffeine-part in konqueror ...)

Hi dp,

The "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>" is only available when viewing an image.

Example, click on:
http://k3b.plainblack.com/uploads/image … 97_cvs.jpg

Then try the above instructions.

The "kget" icons (and others which used to appear in KDE 3.3.2) only appear now when their individual programs are used.  When the program is done (downloading a file, or viewing an image) it's internal links to Konqueror cease.  That is why "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>"  wasn't viewable.  I like this new way, because it uses less system resources.  But it is different than what most people are used to because the icons aren't visable in the toolbar, but the programs still run when they are needed.

Best luck,

Jacob

#7 2005-03-21 00:14:38

dp
Website

Jacob wrote:

Hi dp,

The "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>" is only available when viewing an image.

Example, click on:
http://k3b.plainblack.com/uploads/image … 97_cvs.jpg

Then try the above instructions.

The "kget" icons (and others which used to appear in KDE 3.3.2) only appear now when their individual programs are used.  When the program is done (downloading a file, or viewing an image) it's internal links to Konqueror cease.  That is why "Main Toolbar <GVImagePart>"  wasn't viewable.  I like this new way, because it uses less system resources.  But it is different than what most people are used to because the icons aren't visable in the toolbar, but the programs still run when they are needed.

Best luck,

Jacob

ah! this explains it! i now managed to add additional icons for gwenview. thank you for the instructions :-)

about kget i still don't know how to add this icon back to konqueror while browsing the web, but this is only of minor trouble ;-)

this new system i need to get used first, but you are absolutely right that it will clean-up the toolbars

Board footer