You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-07 22:25:01

sveinemann
Member
Registered: 2007-09-30
Posts: 108

NetworkManager device not ready

NetworkManager starts fine, but it still doesn't work.

Apr  7 23:31:09 Nice NetworkManager: <WARN>  nm_signal_handler(): Caught signal 15, shutting down normally.
Apr  7 23:31:09 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): taking down device.
Apr  7 23:31:09 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): cleaning up...
Apr  7 23:31:09 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): taking down device.
Apr  7 23:31:09 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  exiting (success)
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  starting...
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  Trying to start the modem-manager...
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: Loaded plugin keyfile: (c) 2007 - 2008 Red Hat, Inc.  To report bugs please use the NetworkManager mailing list.
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  Found wlan radio killswitch rfkill0 (at /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/0000:02:00.0/ieee80211/phy0/rfkill0) (driver <unknown>)
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  WiFi enabled by radio killswitch; enabled by state file
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  WWAN enabled by radio killswitch; enabled by state file
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): driver supports SSID scans (scan_capa 0x01).
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): new 802.11 WiFi device (driver: 'ath9k')
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): exported as /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): now managed
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): device state change: 1 -> 2 (reason 2)
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): bringing up device.
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): preparing device.
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0): deactivating device (reason: 2).
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: supplicant_interface_acquire: assertion `mgr_state == NM_SUPPLICANT_MANAGER_STATE_IDLE' failed
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): carrier is OFF
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): new Ethernet device (driver: 'atl1c')
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): exported as /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): now managed
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): device state change: 1 -> 2 (reason 2)
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): bringing up device.
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): preparing device.
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  (eth0): deactivating device (reason: 2).
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: Added default wired connection 'Auto eth0' for /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.5/0000:03:00.0/net/eth0
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <WARN>  default_adapter_cb(): bluez error getting default adapter: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
Apr  7 23:31:10 Nice NetworkManager: <info>  Trying to start the supplicant...

And when I try to connect with cnetworkmanager:

Apr  7 23:32:37 Nice NetworkManager: <WARN>  connection_added_default_handler(): Connection (2) /MyConnection/1 failed to activate: (2) Device not managed by NetworkManager

Offline

#2 2010-04-11 19:53:00

Nicky726
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-02-15
Posts: 157

Re: NetworkManager device not ready

OK, seems I have similar problem with AR9285 using ath9k I have some wlan0: link is not ready in /var/log/messages, will test tomorrow in area with wi-fi connection.

By the way, how does it work without network manager?

EDITED:

Hm, card seems to scan normally, error message in log prevails.

Last edited by Nicky726 (2010-04-12 19:20:31)


"Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to."

Offline

#3 2010-05-03 14:09:46

humilleitor
Member
Registered: 2010-02-22
Posts: 46

Re: NetworkManager device not ready

I'm having kind of the same problem here. After a crash I had the other day, my networkmanager stopped working (don't ask me why!!).

So, I removed NM completely and installed it from scratch following step by step all the instructions in the NetworkManager wiki; but the only thing I get is an applett that insists in saying "network manager disabled" (no matter whether I remove the NetworkManager.state pid file), and a "deactivating device (reason: 2)" line right after a "bringing up device" line in the daemon.log.

Any suggestions? Is there a bug in NM? Or should I look for some corrupted file remaining in my system after that crash?

EDIT:

After one dozen tries and much fidgetting and modifying things, I've got it working, but I don't know which has been the decisive move. I think one of these two:
-either modifying in my BIOS the settings for the wireless killswitch,
-or uninstalling the kdemod-networkmanagement-networkmanager-plasmoid (that I had installed along with kdemod-networkmanagement-knetworkmanager-kde4)

Last edited by humilleitor (2010-05-03 15:11:09)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB