You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-04 20:03:28

binskipy2u
Banned

did kmail stop working for others after last update (today)?<solved>

I used to use kmail every day.. it always worked.. did last update.. and now I get this..
http://www.divshare.com/download/11269583-e9f

now when I close that window kmail closes.. I dont know what akandia or whatever the heck that is is, but i dont use any indexing service or mysql, or sql..
so i disabled it(long ago after reinstall) and everything was fine, now after an update its NOT FINE

Edit>>>>>> I rebooted, I guess i have to have that stuff running.. figured linux wouldnt have stuff you "dont" use running , let alone something that you dont use

Last edited by binskipy2u (2010-05-05 01:23:08)

"Sometimes you comfort the afflicted, other times you AFFLICT the COMFORTABLE"

#2 2010-05-04 21:34:12

grey

Re: did kmail stop working for others after last update (today)?<solved>

It's Akonadi, and it's needed for kmail AFAIK - definitely for kaddressbook. Future KDE releases will rely even more on it, so you have to get it working if you want to run KDE.

Good ideas do not need lots of lies told about them in order to gain public acceptance.

#3 2010-05-04 22:51:24

toxygen

what happens if you try starting kmail again? back when 4.3 came out i was getting that message, but opening kmail again reset akonadi and it would open ok.  now i use kontact and havent had that particular issue come up again..

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

#4 2010-05-05 01:23:20

binskipy2u
Banned

Edit>>>>>> I rebooted, I guess i have to have that stuff running.. figured linux wouldnt have stuff you "dont" use running , let alone something that you dont use

"Sometimes you comfort the afflicted, other times you AFFLICT the COMFORTABLE"

Board footer