You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-07 09:30:59

frank56

Need help finding cabexract wiki

Hi, first time user, with Archlinux. I did a search for a wiki on a howto or wiki on using cab extract. The installation manual makes mention of it, when one needs to extract a window inf or sys file, but does not point to a link for cabextract. I have two unsupported wireless cards, one a broadcom4306 that seems to need a broadcom4306 legacy driver and a Trendnet 423pi that I have the windows cd that came in the purchase box. I would like to learn how to configure both. I have a soyo Mb, with a pentium 3, and wpa secured network with a Netgear router. I have a working internet connection both on an xp computer and on a clone with ArchLinux. I managed to get to a working login terminal, and able to get programs from Arch linux. I got cabextract, but do not know if i will also need wine. I could use advise as to which card would be best to start with first. My present connection is ethernet or wired connection to my router, on my linux box.

#2 2010-05-07 09:41:56

stryder

Re: Need help finding cabexract wiki

man cabextract? (umm perhaps I misunderstood you and you might be saying that you have cabextract.exe - you should install cabextract (pacman -S cabextract). And search the wiki for "Wireless Setup"

Last edited by stryder (2010-05-07 09:46:41)

#3 2010-05-07 12:14:29

frank56

Re: Need help finding cabexract wiki

Thanks Styder, i forgot to mention, I had done the command, pacman -S cabextract,  I will try man cabextract, should be the best source for what i am looking for. I need to extract inf file, I think I may needed it for ndiswrapper .

Board footer