You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-21 05:25:46

joe
Member
From: Folsom, CA
Registered: 2004-07-27
Posts: 51
Website

k3b hosed...

Sometime in the last week or so, burning CDs with k3b has become quite slow.  I have a 40x cdrw, and I'm only able to burn at about 9x (fluctuates from 5x to 13x).  I've tried many kernels, and made sure the user is in optical and also that the k3b permissions are ok.  I've changed to older versions of k3b, to no avail.

I still need to mess with it some more, but I was trying to make an audio CD from an .ogg, while using on-the-fly.  I've done it many times in the past with no issues.  Some change since last Saturday has screwed something up for me.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Offline

#2 2005-03-21 08:41:06

smith
Member
From: Crescent City, CA
Registered: 2005-02-19
Posts: 77

Re: k3b hosed...

Do you have DMA enabled for your burner?


I have nothing to say, and I am saying it.

Offline

#3 2005-03-21 08:54:18

joe
Member
From: Folsom, CA
Registered: 2004-07-27
Posts: 51
Website

Re: k3b hosed...

I'm think so, though I'm not sure how to check.  It has always worked fine before this week.

Offline

#4 2005-03-21 09:05:36

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,363
Website

Re: k3b hosed...

joe wrote:

I'm think so, though I'm not sure how to check.  It has always worked fine before this week.

[damir@Asteraceae ~]$ hdparm /dev/hdc

/dev/hdc:
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    = 256 (on)
 HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#5 2005-03-21 22:53:37

joe
Member
From: Folsom, CA
Registered: 2004-07-27
Posts: 51
Website

Re: k3b hosed...

/dev/hdc:
 IO_support   =  1 (32-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    = 256 (on)
 HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument

Looks like DMA is set.

I tried a few other things.  It appears it is only happening when I decode .ogg files on the fly.  Decoding .mp3 on the fly works fine...  Also data files are OK, as well...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB