You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-05 18:49:43

dante4d

Removal of jgoodies package from AUR

Hello,

I was revisiting my AUR packages today, and so the jgoodies one. I found out there is new version of the libraries available. I decided to split jgoodies package into separate packages following the Java packages wiki. I put new PKGBUILDs in the AUR (jgoodies-animation, jgoodies-binding and jgoodies-validation), however, I cannot do much with the communicty/jgoodies-forms and aur/jgoodies-looks packages that are outdated. I flagged them. I notified the owners/maintainers of those packages and asked for update.

Tthe main reason I'm posting is that I added my packages to group "jgoodes". If I understand correctly, one could now pull the whole group of packages with yaourt by doing "y -S jgoodies". But I still have the original jgoodies package in the AUR repo and it probably shadows the group (doing y -S jgoodies just wants to pull the single package). I want to have the jgoodies package deleted from AUR, so if someone removes it I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
David

#2 2010-05-06 01:09:35

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Removal of jgoodies package from AUR

You should post on the aur-general mailing list if you want something removed from AUR. Generally speaking, it's far easier to get the attention of someone with the power that way.

#3 2010-05-08 10:12:51

drag0nl0rd
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Package removed. Please provide the link to the package next time. Thanks.

#4 2010-05-09 17:15:53

dante4d

Ok, thanks

Board footer