You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-02 01:16:02

MNKyDeth

Arch and Xlib glx issues :(

Well, I have been messing around with Arch for a bit now about a month or so. I have just recently purchased a game called Savage: Battle for Newearth and it runs and plays great under RH9. I prefer Arch and am moving it upto my main used distro so I wanted to start installing my games on it to see how they would run. Well, let me just say I have not been able to play any of my purchased games yet on it. So, here goes. This is the error I recieve when executing the game savage.

[anvildemon@speedphreak Savage]$ ./savage
System_Init()
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
[anvildemon@speedphreak Savage]$

I have installed the nvidia drivers from nvidia's site and not from the repositories here on Arch website. I have changed the xf86config file to read nvidia and not nv and I do get the nvidia splash screen on bootup. With most of my other games I seem to get basically the same error. Other games I have tried are Descent 3,  UT2k3, and soldier of fortune. I have not tried any others as I seem to get the same error in thesse games that I tried.

My system specs are Asus GFFX 5800, 1gig ram, 80gig WD SE HDD, I use a smc 10/100 NIC, Abit Nforce2 mobo, and SBlive Value. I do not use the onboard NIC or onboard audio.

Any ideas what I need to change or anything to get this working is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
MNKyDeth

#2 2003-10-02 01:39:57

zen_guerrilla

Re: Arch and Xlib glx issues :(

Make sure the following line exists in your /etc/X11/XF86Config :

Load    "glx"

And you don't have any "dri" & "GLcore" lines on the Module section.
For more info read nvidia's documentation. In order to test your setup run glxinfo.

#3 2003-10-03 17:03:17

MNKyDeth

Thank you for the help. This solved my issue. My games now run great and Arch is my main distro and the rest of my comps are getting converted to Arch linux.  Again, thanks.

#4 2003-10-03 17:40:33

zen_guerrilla

N.P. big_smile

Board footer