You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-22 21:19:46

krafty

timezone (in Pan, Thunderbird,..)

Hi!

I've got a bit of a problem with my timezone in Archlinux.  Mails I send and receive with Thunderbird always have the wrong timestamp (and the same holds true for usenet articles): current time (Europe, Brussels), minus one hour.  My BIOS clock is correctly set, I've got this in /etc/rc.conf :

HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
TIMEZONE=/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Brussels

the date command gives the correct time, the gnome-clock applet gives the right time.. I don't know what else I have to set to get a correct time in the applications I use.  I've tried using UTC in /etc/rc.conf, but it didn't help.  Is there another variable I should set?

:: it's not in rhyme or reason

#2 2005-03-22 21:30:16

lucke

Re: timezone (in Pan, Thunderbird,..)

Did you try setting TIMEZONE to mere 'Europe/Brussels' instead of full path?

-edit-

Let's synchronise our watches, soloport. */me wears a black cloak and leaves for a secret mission*

#3 2005-03-22 21:30:49

soloport

Try, just:
TIMEZONE=Europe/Brussels

#4 2005-03-22 21:42:02

krafty

I've tried..  GDM Login screen and the date command: time = current time + one hour.  Everything else (including the gnome clock applet!) shows the correct time.

The clock in my BIOS is set to my current local time.  I've also got Windows installed, I've already noticed that Windows can mess up your time settings, but if I don't boot into it, it can't change anything, can it?

Regards, and thanks for the help!

Edit:
Replied too soon, Gaim also shows the wrong time (+1).

Edit2:
I think i've got it now.. I've read Windows sets the system clock to time it uses, so I've tried setting the BIOS clock one hour back.  Everything shows the correct time now... I don't intend to boot back into Windows anyway smile

:: it's not in rhyme or reason

Board footer