You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-09 22:16:04

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
From: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2004-01-18
Posts: 5,986
Website

Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Due to frequent requests, I finally got some laptop stickers printed to supplement the ever-popular Arch Linux case badges. They were a little late to arrive, but I have them in stock now, and preorders will be shipping soon (unless you also ordered case badges, in which case, I have to wait for the new stock to arrive too). The new stickers claim "Powered by Arch Linux" and remind us to keep it simple. They are the same size and material as standard laptop stickers from commercial vendors and chip manufacturers. The printing quality is superb.

Stickers are selling for $1.50 each, or $1 if you buy ten or more. I had to do a large minimum order, so they're priced to sell! :-)

http://schwag.archlinux.ca/product/laptopsticker/

I apologize for the blurry photographs; perhaps somebody can send me some nicer photographs when they receive them (please).

Enjoy!
Dusty

Offline

#2 2010-01-11 11:20:32

Ultraman
Member
Registered: 2009-12-24
Posts: 242

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Awesome, I was waiting for those.
Only the person I wanted to surprise with one of these doesn't have a use for it now, because his laptop broke down tongue

But perhaps I'll just get them now, so I have one ready when he gets a new box.

Offline

#3 2010-01-11 12:46:21

Gen2ly
Member
From: Sevierville, TN
Registered: 2009-03-06
Posts: 1,529
Website

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Got one, not putting in on a laptop though yikes.  Thanks Dusty.


Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

Offline

#4 2010-03-01 00:40:07

guisacouto
Member
From: Portugal
Registered: 2009-06-27
Posts: 107

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

I tryed to buy some of thoose, but I couldnt because the paypal account has to be verified, and mine isnt.
isnt there a way you could disable that so anybody could buy throw paypal(without needing the verification)?

its just that I dont have a real credit card, just a simple bank card(I dont know if this is the right term in english), so I use a MBNet with paypal, which is a temporary credit card that expires in the first utilization (I cant verify my paypal account with it since its a temporary card).

regards!

Offline

#5 2010-03-01 09:37:00

samuele.mattiuzzo
Member
From: Treviso, IT
Registered: 2009-10-12
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

why there's no Italy between country choices? big_smile maybe you should add big_smile

Offline

#6 2010-03-01 17:31:53

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
From: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2004-01-18
Posts: 5,986
Website

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

guisacouto wrote:

I tryed to buy some of thoose, but I couldnt because the paypal account has to be verified, and mine isnt.
isnt there a way you could disable that so anybody could buy throw paypal(without needing the verification)?

its just that I dont have a real credit card, just a simple bank card(I dont know if this is the right term in english), so I use a MBNet with paypal, which is a temporary credit card that expires in the first utilization (I cant verify my paypal account with it since its a temporary card).

regards!

hmm, I've received payments from non-verified members before, I can't see any option in the interface to enable or disable that. If you want to, you can send me the money via other means (ie: send to my e-mail address via paypal instead of using the button on the web interface, use another service, mail me a money-order, etc) and e-mail me with your order; I'll make sure you get your merchandise. smile

Dusty

Offline

#7 2010-03-01 17:32:32

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
From: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2004-01-18
Posts: 5,986
Website

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

samuele.mattiuzzo wrote:

why there's no Italy between country choices? big_smile maybe you should add big_smile

It is added! smile

Dusty

Offline

#8 2010-03-01 18:59:15

samuele.mattiuzzo
Member
From: Treviso, IT
Registered: 2009-10-12
Posts: 307
Website

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Dusty wrote:
samuele.mattiuzzo wrote:

why there's no Italy between country choices? big_smile maybe you should add big_smile

It is added! smile

Dusty

thanks mate big_smile i moved to a new university (Venice) and we have 3 groups of OS users: Windowsers, Osxers and Archusers big_smile Just 3 or 4 *buntu, 1 gentooist, others arch big_smile italy loves arch tongue

ps: you got mail from me mate wink

Offline

#9 2010-05-14 18:09:32

delcake
Member
Registered: 2008-07-28
Posts: 62

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

I just got my three stickers in today! Gotta say, I love 'em and they look absolutely fantastic on my machines.

Offline

#10 2010-05-15 16:32:49

Snakeye
Member
From: Surrey BC
Registered: 2009-12-19
Posts: 90

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Bought ten. Gotta support Arch wink

Offline

#11 2010-05-29 16:49:34

Sarai
Member
From: Alaska
Registered: 2010-02-20
Posts: 62

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Just ordered mine! Sort of wished they said "Keep it Simple, Stupid" but oh well. They should still look awesome on my laptop. I peeled off the "Built for Ubuntu" one that came with it long ago...

Offline

#12 2010-05-29 18:01:14

toxygen
Member
Registered: 2008-08-22
Posts: 705

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

I'm tempted to get it but my laptop looks nice without stickers.  Maybe for the bag smile


"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

Offline

#13 2010-06-03 17:27:11

calvariae
Member
Registered: 2010-06-01
Posts: 1

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Just bought one, can't wait till it gets here.

Offline

#14 2010-06-22 19:27:22

count-corrupt
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 111

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

The 'state' field in the address form is mandatory which is pointless in many countries. Also I'd feel a lot better if https was used to transfer my address data.
Still ordered 10 of them. Good work, keep it up!


Desktop: Arch64/Gentoo | XMonad | E6600@2x3Ghz | 4G RAM | Geforce 9800 GTX+ | 2TB 4-Disk Raid 5
Laptop: Arch64 | XMonad | Lenovo X200s with AFFS display mod | L9400@2x1.86Ghz | 4G RAM | 945G

Offline

#15 2010-07-30 19:38:28

count-corrupt
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-02-01
Posts: 111

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

Dusty wrote:

They are the same size and material as standard laptop stickers from commercial vendors and chip manufacturers. The printing quality is superb.

I disagree. I got mine a while ago (I've been looking for this thread ever since and couln't find it for some reason) and the printing looks like it was done with a late 90's injek. The colors are dotted and the straight black lines look torn. I can't describe it any better so here's a picture
archsticker.JPG

It's hard to take good pictures of it without reflection. But you can see how much distortion comes from the camera when looking at the straight lines on the outside of the stickers. The Black line below the logo and the logo itself really look like this.

I'm not crying for my money back or anything but we clearly differ in our definition of superb printing quality.


Desktop: Arch64/Gentoo | XMonad | E6600@2x3Ghz | 4G RAM | Geforce 9800 GTX+ | 2TB 4-Disk Raid 5
Laptop: Arch64 | XMonad | Lenovo X200s with AFFS display mod | L9400@2x1.86Ghz | 4G RAM | 945G

Offline

#16 2010-07-30 21:22:12

bb10
Member
Registered: 2007-12-31
Posts: 73

Re: Arch Linux Laptop Stickers now Available from Arch Schwag

count-corrupt wrote:
Dusty wrote:

They are the same size and material as standard laptop stickers from commercial vendors and chip manufacturers. The printing quality is superb.

I disagree. I got mine a while ago (I've been looking for this thread ever since and couln't find it for some reason) and the printing looks like it was done with a late 90's injek. The colors are dotted and the straight black lines look torn.

I'm not crying for my money back or anything but we clearly differ in our definition of superb printing quality.

Same here.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB