You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-29 13:44:40

MickST

Some things regarding mingw32-gcc package.

Hi, I'm looking at the mingw32-gcc PKGBUILD as I usually build those packages to match my CPU capabilities instead of a i486 oriented ones and I've noticed some odd things.

1. What's supposed to do this line? I've not seen any source by that name:

[ $NOEXTRACT -eq 1 ] || tar xjf gcc-$pkgver.tar.bz2

2. The configure command first enables shared libraries and then disables them (I guess configure uses the latter because it's placed in the end).

3. The cleanup command could delete the share directory directly (instead of deleting 2 things inside it), in the end it's empty (after building the package I mean).

And I have 2 questions too, I want to enable Fortran as well as C and C++, what do I have to do to accomplish that? In previous versions I only added "fortran" to the languages enabled, but in this one there is a line for libgcc and another one for libstdc++-v3 after make it globally. Do I have to do something like that for libgfortran?

And my other question is regarding the build process. Right now I perform several builds for the whole MinGW32 suite as there are cyclic dependencies, to do so I have to use some previous versions, is that the right thing to do?

Thank you very much.

#2 2010-05-12 13:48:13

sergej
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: Some things regarding mingw32-gcc package.

>> 1. What's supposed to do this line? I've not seen any source by that name:

It does not unpack tar if -e key specified

>> 2. The configure command first enables shared libraries and then disables them (I guess configure uses the latter because it's placed in the end).

fixed in trunk

>> 3. The cleanup command could delete the share directory directly (instead of deleting 2 things inside it), in the end it's empty (after building the package I mean).

let it be, may be in future versions developers put something usefull into share/

>> And I have 2 questions too, I want to enable Fortran as well as C and C++, what do I have to do to accomplish that? In previous versions I only added "fortran" to the languages enabled, but in this one there is a line for libgcc and another one for libstdc++-v3 after make it globally. Do I have to do something like that for libgfortran?

I think you can look into core/gcc package.

>> And my other question is regarding the build process. Right now I perform several builds for the whole MinGW32 suite as there are cyclic dependencies, to do so I have to use some previous versions, is that the right thing to do?

I think it is ok.

#3 2010-05-12 22:34:45

Allan
Pacman
Website

sergej wrote:

>> 1. What's supposed to do this line? I've not seen any source by that name:

It does not unpack tar if -e key specified

Seriously, that is screwed up...  Remove it.

Anyway, this is how I think a mingw package should be made: http://allanmcrae.com/packages/cross-i6 … w32.tar.gz

#4 2010-05-19 10:34:10

MickST

Thank you very much for your answers, they were really helpful.

Kind regards,
Mick.

Board footer