You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-19 18:43:27

grizaptimus

When booting from USB, Screen Blankes when loading UDev

Hey Everyone!! I am trying to install Archlinux on my new HP elitebook 2540p.  As the title says when loading UDev events the screen blanks out.  I am using 2010.05 on a USB stick from UNetBootin.  This stick gets to the install media's login screen on my desktops.   I have read some posts here on the forum talking about similar problems however they were able to get a working install and then started to have problems.

Thank You all in advance for your help.  I realy hope that I can get Arch on it quickly... I would very much prefer not to have to boot into windows on it.  I am sure you all can understand that.
--Griz--

#2 2010-05-19 19:04:22

hokasch

Re: When booting from USB, Screen Blankes when loading UDev

Smells like Kernel Mode Setting. Check how to disable it for your graphic card in the wiki.

#3 2010-05-19 22:28:21

grizaptimus

Re: When booting from USB, Screen Blankes when loading UDev

Thanks alot hokasch disabling KMS worked and I was able to install Arch to the hard drive.  Now however I find myself having the problem of intel's X driver requiring KMS to function.  As the screen blanks out still whenever I enable KMS.  Nothing I can find in the wiki says anything about this particular problem.

Board footer