You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-21 08:16:14

Japanlinux

Sound Headphones work in commandline test, not with programs

So I have a strange question. I've seen a bunch of posts about headphones and speakers playing together, but i have a different issue. My speakers work, and I can't get headphones to work. so I did as the wiki said and installed asoundconf and everything. But youtube will still play out of speakers. I use the aplay ~ thing from the wiki and it plays out of my headphones. So the headphones work, but why is it that they don't play sound normally? Alsamixer can mute the speakers, but it doesn't switch to headphones. If my problem were both would work, all the posts about simultaneous headphone/speakers would help. Sadly, my issue is different (though i imagine, easier to solve).

#2 2010-05-21 08:27:32

brebs

Re: Sound Headphones work in commandline test, not with programs

Japanlinux wrote:

the aplay ~ thing from the wiki

What? Want us to go searching for that for you? Exactly what command are you using?

#3 2010-05-21 08:42:37

Japanlinux

Re: Sound Headphones work in commandline test, not with programs

lol. big_smile i was saying that in the wiki, it says to use aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav and it will play that sound. That sound plays through my headphones, which means that they work. My question would be if they work, why doesn't anything else use the headphones, they aren't muted or anything?

Board footer