You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-22 17:21:58

saif

Help (propietary and installed apps)

Hello, I am new in Arch Linux (and in linux, overally) and I have 2 urgent questions, I hope you can point me out, thank you in advance:

1) I want to install Catalyst Proprietary drivers. Using Yaourt I find that it has incompatibility with the previous installed Ati drivers (radeonhd) plus a conflict with the libgl. I would be thank full for a step-by-step instructions on how to go from free drivers to catalyst without screwing it up

2) I Have been messing with different apps and stuff, different desktop environments and such as. Is there a way to get an installed software list other than pacman -Q?

Thank you!
Saif

#2 2010-05-22 17:39:06

cesura
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: Help (propietary and installed apps)

saif wrote:

Hello, I am new in Arch Linux (and in linux, overally) and I have 2 urgent questions, I hope you can point me out, thank you in advance:

1) I want to install Catalyst Proprietary drivers. Using Yaourt I find that it has incompatibility with the previous installed Ati drivers (radeonhd) plus a conflict with the libgl. I would be thank full for a step-by-step instructions on how to go from free drivers to catalyst without screwing it up

2) I Have been messing with different apps and stuff, different desktop environments and such as. Is there a way to get an installed software list other than pacman -Q?

Thank you!
Saif

1) What's wrong with doing (as long as nothing requires them):

pacman -R radeonhd

Follow this: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI_Catalyst
Note this part: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI … ock_Kernel

2) Not that I know of that is as comprehensive as pacman -Q. You can do pacman -Qs to search for installed packages if you want to.

big_smile

Last edited by cesura (2010-05-22 17:39:23)

#3 2010-05-22 18:35:57

saif

Re: Help (propietary and installed apps)

Thank you, I think ive made it following that thread. Not sure if everything is OK though... (personally I dont think so, Civilization game worked fine in mint, but in here it crashes without any error after launching, it has to be something about the drivers)

Though happened an important problem, terminal tty full screen is screwed up, its like everything is moved from the center of the screen and I cant read below. How can i fix this?

EDIT: Heh! im a genius! made it, i was missing the lib32 special for x86_64 plus the aticonfig initial for xorg

thx!

Last edited by saif (2010-05-22 18:58:22)

Board footer