You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-27 07:02:40

gechu

[SOLVED] Exchange w/ w/o wine + Evolution

As the title suggests, I want to access exchange using gnome. I´ve tried a couple of methods:

- Using Evolution. Didn´t work. Picked MAPI and set up my exchange server details. Also tried the "usual" exchange mode. Didn´t work.

- Using wine to install Outlook. Didn´t even get pass the initial load screen. I´ve tried the latest bin32-wine-suse build, and the official one. Also installed wintricks to get all the dependencies. Wine just crashed when running something like "gettingSystemInfo". Any clues why it didn´t work? (I´ve run winecfg)

- I friend of mine told med that I should add my comp as an AD member. I´ve already got an account at the AD, and this friend got his Exchange integration working in linux, but he´s using another ditro. So, in plain english, how do I become a member of the AD using Arch? From what I´ve read Likewise Open should be easy, but I couldn´t figure out how to install it. Also, couldnt make any understanding from reading the Arch wiki.

Thanks,
Erik

Last edited by gechu (2010-05-30 11:35:15)

#2 2010-05-27 12:09:01

austin.rbn

Re: [SOLVED] Exchange w/ w/o wine + Evolution

gechu wrote:

As the title suggests, I want to access exchange using gnome. I´ve tried a couple of methods:

- Using Evolution. Didn´t work. Picked MAPI and set up my exchange server details. Also tried the "usual" exchange mode. Didn´t work.

When you used the set-up option called "Exchange", did you enter in the address to the Outlook Web Access page? This page is usually at "webmail.domain.org". Anyway, if you set that address to your OWA page, and make sure that Evolution is configured for a direct internet connection (no proxies), then it should work just fine. What exactly was the problem with this method?

"Computer Science is embarrassed by the computer." -- Alan J. Perlis

#3 2010-05-27 22:56:45

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

You don't even specify what the version of your Exchange server is.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2010-05-28 13:38:35

gechu

ngoonee, I used your packages and it worked! Thanks man!

I used PKG scripts on this page: URL: Evolution-mapi 2.30 (Please read before using)

Problem solved

EDIT: added link to solution

Last edited by gechu (2010-05-30 11:34:57)

#5 2010-05-28 14:49:26

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

You're welcome, please mark this thread solved.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer