You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-25 16:42:00

greengold

unclickable flash content

Hello!
I'm having some curious problem with flash. Sites with flash contetnt went fine. Especially video streaming sites. But some sites (especially online materials from CISCO networking academy) are going wrong. I mean, the content displays the way it should but sometimes it isn't responding for clicking on the button. Sometimes nothing happens sometimes yes. I noticed that if I do right click->settings and little table called "Adobe flash player settings" appears its behaving the same way. (Im mention this for those who hasn't access to cisco materials)
I have reinstaled my os, I have tried many browsers but Im still experiencing this issue.
I have installed flash player as listed in arch wiki.
Im using 32bit distro and Arch linux os, now with newest KDE.
Many thanks for help!

#2 2010-05-27 04:20:56

rockin turtle

Re: unclickable flash content

I have similar problems with flash.  I read on a forum somewhere that this is due to a bug in flash.  What I do (which usually works) is to first right click on the flash item to bring up the table, then move the mouse cursor off the table and onto the flash control I want to activate (such as the video start/stop button) and then do a left-double click.  For some reason this seems to work.  It is annoying, but nothing else seems to work.  I think it also depends on what window manager you are using.

#3 2010-05-27 08:38:51

greengold

yeah, in worst situations this is working (sometimes) but anyway its terrible...

#4 2010-05-28 15:45:14

N30N

There's a thread on this topic already, which mentions a fix that works for some.

Board footer