You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-27 11:30:46

akurei
Website

[Solved] KDE - closing lid kills plasma-desktop

After from-scratch reinstalling Arch+KDE4.4 with clean config on my HP Compaq Mini 110, I got the following issues:

Even after disabling all powermanagement features I am sometimes presented with a black screen like this after closing and reopening of the lid:

Bildschirmfoto3.png

(Notice the "compressed" Firefox top-left. plasma-desktop not running.)
I can sometimes fix this by pressing ALT+F2 and starting plasma-desktop, but sometimes it's just the responsive cursor, but ALT+F2 is not working. I then need to CTRL+ALT+F1 and /etc/rc.d/kdm restart.

BUT: Sometimes everything works, but I get this:

Bildschirmfoto1.png

(Basically saying that the "monitor" has been removed (greyed out window) and that a new monitor was found (window in foreground).

Notice, this also happens when I set up powermanagement to "suspend on lid close": I close the lid. It suspends, then I reopen the lid and I am presented with the above screens.

What can I do? How can I disable KDE's automatic monitor detection stuff?

EDIT:

It's definitely a KDE problem: On Openbox everything works fine. It just safely ignores the lid stuff.

Last edited by akurei (2010-05-28 18:56:54)

#2 2010-05-28 18:56:11

akurei
Website

Re: [Solved] KDE - closing lid kills plasma-desktop

Solved:

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=11 … 44#p159504

Try disabling the "randrmonitor" in System Settings > Advanced > Service Manager.

Note that this is a fault of your graphics drivers, either because they are being removed prior to suspend to workaround missing suspend support, or because they incorrectly handle the display being turned off.

Board footer