You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-25 08:20:52

Cheikh

Can log in Failsafe Only

I just installed archlinux 07 when i startx 3 consoles windows pop up, i dont know why; however, my problem is after I log from the console as root and issue the command xdm, wmaker comes up and i cant do nothing there. How can I reverse this to use the other windows managers.
So far I have not used any windows manager yet wmaker comes up very nice with 2 icons at each corner when I click them nothing happen. It is a new install and I have not done any extra installion so I am welcoming any to resolve this issues
Also i have done  FTP install, but now pacman seems not to be working for example if i issue pacman -S XXXX it always tells me have u tried --refresh yet
I tried pacman -Sy  but with the same error.

Thank you
Cheikh

#2 2005-03-25 08:38:13

filoktetes

Re: Can log in Failsafe Only

Cheikh wrote:

I just installed archlinux 07 when i startx 3 consoles windows pop up, i dont know why;

Which Desktop Environment / Window Manager do you use? What does your ~/.xinitrc look like?

Also i have done  FTP install, but now pacman seems not to be working for example if i issue pacman -S XXXX  it always tells me have u tried --refresh

So, have your tried --refresh? It's the same as the -y in 'pacman -Sy XXXX' or better 'pacman -Syu' to update everything.

Hope this was helpful smile
Robert.

#3 2005-03-25 08:38:20

smith

Re: Can log in Failsafe Only

Have you entered

pacman -Sy

?  Make sure you read the man page for pacman.

Read the wiki for desktop and window managers to learn how to enable different window managers.

Have a nice day.

I have nothing to say, and I am saying it.

Board footer