You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-29 05:15:32

radioactivist

Installation of Intel C++ Compiler

I've been trying to get the Intel C++ compiler (icc) running on my new machine, but have run into nothing but problems.
When following the Intel install script I receive the following errors:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing optional pre-requisite
-- cannot determine operating system type
-- system glibc or kernel version not supported or not detectable
-- binutils version not supported or not detectable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite being listed as optional, the installation fails immediately after this. My kernel is up to date (2.6.33) as is glibc (2.11.1) and both detectable, so I assumed this was simply Arch not being among the official supported distributions.

Any help getting around whatever this problem is would be appreciated.

note: I tried installing the version on AUR via yaourt but run into trouble, specifically:

==> directory with a database of unpacked files. This is useless.
==> You might want to delete this folder:
==>     /home/radio/intel
==> Removing '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-radio/aur-icc/icc/pkg' from all files containing it
grep: /tmp/yaourt-tmp-radio/aur-icc/icc/pkg/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/069/*: No such file or directory
sed: no input files
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build icc package.

Last edited by radioactivist (2010-05-29 12:58:37)

#2 2010-05-29 07:31:52

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Installation of Intel C++ Compiler

Why not try installing from AUR without using an AUR helper.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-05-29 12:32:54

radioactivist

Re: Installation of Intel C++ Compiler

I have tried that as well. The same error occurs. I looked into modifying te installation script myself but couldn't manage to fix anything.

Last edited by radioactivist (2010-05-29 12:59:29)

Board footer