You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-31 10:24:45

geniuz

[SOLVED] Macbook strange battery problem

Hey everybody,

Well, I can't really call it a huge problem but is certainly is weird. Today I installed powertop to check how much power my laptop was consuming, just out of curiousity. I ran it while my adapter was disconnected and my battery was discharging. After I've closed powertop, I connected the adapter and to my surprise the green light on the adapter appeared instantly while my acpi said my battery had 95% of power. I figured it couldn't be correct so I booted into OSX where it indicated the same thing. I disconnected the adapter again in OSX and let it discharge one percent. I then charged the battery and to my relief the orange light appeared indicating my battery is charging and it got by 95%. So I figured problem solved...but no!

I booted back into Arch, and noticed acpi showing "time until charged" which struck me as a big surprise since it has never showed that before while I had my adapter connected. This isn't what bothers me though...what bothers is me that even though acpi indicates the battery is fully charged to 100%, which it usually doesn't since the battery goes up to 99% since a very long time the orange light on my adapter doesn't turn green...indicating my battery is still charging.

So I'm a bit lost here, apart from this the battery works fine, but I just find this very odd. Is it possible that powertop changed some configuration settings regarding acpi which caused my battery to behave this weird?

EDIT:
Problem solved, just plugged in the adapter for like an hour or so and the light turned green, still strange though...

Last edited by geniuz (2010-05-31 19:01:16)

Board footer