You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-01 01:44:27

ewaller
Administrator

xfce4 and kde4 artifacts

Last week I got the itch to move away from KDE and move towards xfce4.  I am a long way up the learning curve and I have to say -- Wow, the performance is amazing.

There are, however a few really nice KDE applications  (Kjots, Okular, Kstars, Kmplot) for which I have not found alternates that please me.

These programs run fine under xfce4, but when they exit, I am left with a lot of KDE droppings in my task list.  Most notably   are multiple incidences of kdeinit4.  Okay, so be it -- KDE is loading some persistent infrastructure. They do go away when I log off.  The annoying part is that instantiating new KDE applications spawn new instances of kdeinit4 rather than, as I would expect, using the existing ones.

I do not have KDE services turned on in my session manager.  Is this normal, or have I missed something?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer