You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-31 08:19:06

nesro
Website

normal user problems

Hello,
I'am new to Arch, but I can install Archlinux with Openbox and some applications needed to live on OS. But I have a lot of problems. All problems are around permisions. For example I installed chromium and i must wrote chown -R nesro: ~/home/nesro/.cache/chromium and ~/home/nesro/.config/chromium and still geting problems about that i havent permisions, if i run chromium as root, i havent errors. I installed gedit, i can run it only as root, as normal user a got error about dbus and permisions. And for exapmle i installed alsa and i must get some permisions to have sound as normal user, but after restart sound is not working again.. So i decided, that iam doing something wrong. I tried do all instal as root and i tried so all instal like user with sudo. I do it like this: i created user nesro: adduser nesro, additional group was wheel and in visudo I uncommented that wheel users can run sudo. with this i installed xorg, opendbox, apllications. What am I doing wrong?
thank you so much, nesro

I'am Archlinux newbie, but now I know, that Archlinux is the best GNU/Linux distribution. I have Archlinux on Asus EeePC 1000H. Sorry my english, I'am from Czech republic.

#2 2010-05-31 08:33:46

Barrucadu
Website

Re: normal user problems

Did you follow the beginner's guide?

#3 2010-05-31 14:41:54

nesro
Website

Shame on me. Please delete this thread...

I'am Archlinux newbie, but now I know, that Archlinux is the best GNU/Linux distribution. I have Archlinux on Asus EeePC 1000H. Sorry my english, I'am from Czech republic.

#4 2010-05-31 14:44:30

tomk
Forum Fellow

Nah.. we'll leave it here so that you can look back in years to come, and see how your linux skillz have developed. smile

#5 2010-06-01 04:47:24

cesura
Package Maintainer (PM)

tomk wrote:

Nah.. we'll leave it here so that you can look back in years to come, and see how your linux skillz have developed. smile

They grow up faster then you may think *tear*

Board footer