You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-26 11:26:45

Falcata
Website

Disfunctional Keyboard Number Pad

I've been having weird problems with my keyboard's number pad.  Initially, it starts off fine when I boot up the computer.  However, it eventually starts acting funny.  The number keys on it act like num lock is turned off, regardless of it's state.  Even the keys for the math symbols don't work.  They simply don't do anything.  And the plus key acts like the right mouse button in some applications.  My keyboard is the Logitech Wave Keyboard, but I'm doubting that's the problem because it's never acted like this before.  Also, a few weeks ago, the number pad started acting like Num Lock was in the opposite state.

#2 2008-04-26 22:36:06

TheBodziO
Website

Re: Disfunctional Keyboard Number Pad

Are you using gnome 2.22 maybe? If so then you have to disable field "enable mouse pointer control from keyboard" (it's a quick translation—I'm using polish locale) or something like that in gnome-keyboard-properties in "mouse buttons" tab. I'm not sure if this is a proper way to get rid of this pesky behavior or only a workaround, anyway, it works for me.

I think there was a question about it somewhere in the forum.

It's not the best thing when they call you a "member" you know… wink

#3 2008-04-27 00:22:26

Falcata
Website

Actually, I'm using KDEmod.

#4 2008-04-27 12:19:36

TheBodziO
Website

I'm sorry then sad. I'm unable to help you with kde (although I would like to).

It's not the best thing when they call you a "member" you know… wink

#5 2008-04-27 13:38:40

Falcata
Website

I haven't seen this problem coming up in a couple days, so I'm guessing it is resolved.  Right now, I can think of two possible causes.  For one, the problem always (or usually) started when I was using OpenOffice.org, which I haven't been using as much.  So it's possibly a bug in OpenOffice.  Also, A few days ago I stopped using evdev as my mouse driver, since it had been causing problems with cycling the input events in /dev/input.  I'm guessing it was more likely to be caused by driver interference.

#6 2008-04-29 12:48:50

Falcata
Website

Spoke too soon, I suppose.  The number pad is acting like Num Lock's state is in reverse, so I need to have it off in order to use the number keys on the number pad.

#7 2010-06-03 09:25:14

dhakir

Replying just to make sure Google will cache the answer...

You possibly typed Shift + NumLock accidentaly. This toggles mousekeys, which makes the numbers stop working as you'd like them to. Just type Shift+NumLock again and everything should be fine...

Board footer