You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-05 18:26:53

heimdallur

Razer Naga compatability?

Hello,
I've been thinking of buying a Razer Naga mouse for my desktop and keymap the numpad on the side so I can use them for application/compiz launchers. I did a web search for linux compatability but didn't get any useful results, except one from 8 months ago saying that the mouse's numpad doesn't do anything in linux.

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this mouse with all its buttons working on Arch og linux in general? I don't really want to buy it for $80 and not having 12 of its 17 buttons working.

Last edited by heimdallur (2010-06-06 15:17:05)

#2 2010-06-14 12:19:44

Cookie

Re: Razer Naga compatability?

I have it and there is no driver or anything for it on linux side buttons are useless and even normal cursor flies from one edge to the other mouse ocnfiguration tools doing nothing on it, so I just use another cheap mouse

Linux nabcake in training...
ArchLinux64

#3 2010-06-20 20:44:14

rwd

you can slow down mice with the 'ConstantDeceleration' property.  :

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/How … ation_in_X

Don't know about the keypad though.

#4 2010-06-20 23:21:32

Skripka

Cookie wrote:

I have it and there is no driver or anything for it on linux side buttons are useless and even normal cursor flies from one edge to the other mouse ocnfiguration tools doing nothing on it, so I just use another cheap mouse

No-Quite-False.

Program the mouse with any old Windows setup.  The mouse has on-board memory to store keyboard-macro shortcut  events.  Use in combination with Xbindkeys in Linux.  You DO NOT need a native driver to get it to work with Linux, you just need to program the mouse on any old Windows machine with the drivers on it.

My 10-button Razer Lachessis has full functionality in Linux.  I can't be sure that you can get ALL 17 buttons working on that mouse-but I'd think you can get most of them.

Last edited by Skripka (2010-06-20 23:24:17)

#5 2014-01-03 01:18:57

PalaceGerbil

>>>Program the mouse with any old Windows setup.

This is the Razer Naga mouse.  It does not store anything on board.  The "numbers" bjowork and correspond to 1,2,3...0,-,=.

OK, now if you were to _only_ use the number pad, great.  Or wait no, not use numbers at-all (it is complicated by mechanical keyboarding).

Theoretically this should reduce over head of a usb device preforming computations. smile

Unfortunately the remap is quazi achieved on my part thus far.  I can get X to understand the left and right button switch (phew!).

My quake2 does not obey this despite having been loaded on X.  It also reads the left-right scrollwheel buttons as up down scrolling.  Hahaha.  It is definitely sending a unique signal, its just being automapped somewhere to this function (which low and behold may involve X afterall)

I had this issue with the Nostromo POS.  Heard of it?  The keymaps are rather simple hardwired keyboard signals. . . which do not correlate to not essential codes for some reason despite the rather availability of several functions US-105 or otherwise.

The "fix" for this is a kernel module IMO.  I've been through the keymaps extra to no avail.  Signal out of a kernel cannot be intervened.  eh 

GD

Last edited by PalaceGerbil (2014-01-03 01:22:11)

#6 2014-01-03 01:26:07

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

You are responding to a four year old thread; please don't necrobump:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … Bumping.27

Closing.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer