You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-10 08:17:59

sethfouts

[SOLVED] Gnome will not start

Hello, I'm kind of new on Arch Linux and still trying to get my bearings with all of the text file configurations.

I installed first with gnome, and had no problems getting everything working. Then, I installed on a different computer with KDE, again no problems. Now on the other computer, I have decided I would rather use gnome than KDE. My approach has been to simply install gnome and gnome-extras, configure gnome, and then once it's running I will remove KDE.

The problem I'm having is that when I attempt starting gnome from gdm, kdm, or from command line with "startx".. all I get is a blank screen. Well, blank with startx, and the current background with a mouse that moves around and does not click with gdm/kdm. It seems the problem would be with gnome and not the display manager since it happens with multiple display managers. Just wondering if there is anything obvious when installing a second DE that I may have missed?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After running another full update the gnome system seems to be loading up perfectly. Simple fix I guess.

Last edited by sethfouts (2010-06-10 09:24:20)

Board footer