You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-10 11:30:50

Corpswalker

tp_smapi with slice battery on w510

Hi folks!

I've just finished to install Arch 64 & KDE on my new w510.
Until now I searched a way to manage the discharging of my 9 cell and the slice battery.
Unluckely I can't get my laptop to use the slice akkus at first when attached, and neither I can force manually the discharge of it.
I'm using the tc_smapi and thinkpad_acpi modules, attempts to set the force_discharge in /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT1 doesn't take effect.
Dmesg gives me the info "smapi smapi: set_force_discharge: set to 1 for bat=1  " , but reading (using cat) the content of the file returns 0 (should be 1)

Is there a workaroung or exists the chance to invert the mapping of teh batteries (BAT0 => BAT1 and viceversa)?

An other silly problem is that the laptop goes off when the first battery is empty, not changing (in time?) the power source to the slice battery.

Please let me know which further informations are neccessary.

Corpswalker

#2 2010-06-10 12:39:32

toad
Website

Re: tp_smapi with slice battery on w510

You want to check the tp smap wiki - it also contains a link to the thikpad wiki if the information in the arch wiki doesn't do it for you.

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

#3 2010-06-10 12:47:03

Corpswalker

Re: tp_smapi with slice battery on w510

Thanks toad,
I followed the ArchWiki and the ThinkpadWiki.
Setting the thresholds is running correctly, only problem i have is the behaviour of the battery's discharging.
I can't force the discharging (select power source) of the batteries, google also failed to give me useful informations.

I can't also boot the laptop if the main batery is empty (slice battery is attached correctly). Can it be *also* a HW/Bios problem?

Board footer